We are looking for a decisive and attentive Sewing Machine Operator to construct and alter attire and other pieces. As a Sewing Machine Operator, you should use patterns, intuition, or both, depending on each task's specifications. You should also meet with clients to craft and tailor bespoke pieces, as required.
To ensure success as a Sewing Machine Operator, you should display an impeccable awareness of all sewing procedures. An outstanding Sewing Machine Operator will be able to repair minor problems affecting their equipment.
Stitching person must know how to sew: Bedsheet, Pillow cover, Cushion cover, Table cloth, Chair cover, Curtains and Quilt cover
Sewing Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Deciding on appropriate sewing techniques before work commences.
- Meeting with consumers and inspecting patterns to determine each job's requirements.
- Performing alterations to existing patterns or creating your own ones.
- Selecting suitable thread and placing this onto the spool spin.
- Cutting, sewing, and gluing fabric according to the requirements of each article.
- Affixing buttons, zippers, clasps, laces, and similar fittings.
- Operating the foot pedal, plus the stitch length and width regulators, as you sew.
- Replacing the sewing machine's needle, as required.
- Detecting and repairing basic faults with the sewing machine as they occur.
- Scheduling repairs for the sewing machine and its fittings, as needed.
Sewing Machine Operator Requirements:
Note: This position is only for person's with disabilities.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Completion of a sewing course is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a Sewing Machine Operator.
- Ability to create, read, and follow patterns.
- Working knowledge of sewing machine mechanics.
- Outstanding eyesight or utilization of corrective measures.
- Innovative, thoughtful, and attentive to detail.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage your time effectively.