Job title: Manager-Corporate Communications
Reports to: Senior Management Team
Reporting to the SMT, the Manager – Corporate Communications will manage broad-based strategic communications strategies and plans to effectively promote and publicize Rolling Plans products and activities and to strengthen stakeholder participation.
Duties and responsibilities
Outreach & Public Relations
- Launch a communications strategy and plan with clearly defined objectives, messages, and an outreach plan with timeline of outreach activities to targeted stakeholders and liaise with counterparts during the development and refinement of these plans;
- Oversee all outreach and public relations activities and ensure that the SMT are aware of these activities.
- Oversee relationship with stakeholders, focusing primarily on the media;
- Manage all Rolling Plans public events such as forums, press events, workshops and seminars;
- Oversee public consultation sessions, in coordination and collaboration with the other teams;
- Prepare speeches for SMT and other executives public speaking engagements;
- Write press releases, answer press enquiries.
- Plan the annual and monthly work plans for all communications and outreach activities, clearly detailing roles/responsibilities, deadlines and budgets for each activity;
- In coordination with the Finance officer, develop and manage of annual and quarterly budgets for communications, public relations and outreach activities;
- Oversee the consultative process plan, in compliance with company requirements, in collaboration other teams.
- Work in coordination with Project Heads to accurately promote Rolling Plans Products and success stories;
- Commission where appropriate photographers, journalists, columnists or film crews to cover issues linked to company activities or special events;
Communications & Productions
- In collaboration with the Information Technology (IT) department, co-manage and co-direct the development of the company website;
- Develop company Branding Guidelines that will adhere to the mandatory company Branding Guidelines and manage the company brand;
- Ensure quality output in company social media plan, brochure and other promotional materials;
- Solicit media partners in electronic, printed and social media for the company to disseminate information about project opportunities and achievements;
- Oversee the engagement with the media to ensure that accurate information about the program reach the public domain;
- Act as the conduit for all of company, and its employees’ interactions with the media;
- Take direction from the SMT in serving as the spokesperson of the company;
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned by the SMT.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Technical Competencies)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Development Communications, Mass Communications, Journalism, Community Development, Business Administration or equivalent field.
- Certification on creative writing, photography, film-making is a plus.
- Approximately five or more years of cumulative experience (notwithstanding whether earned before, after, or during pursuit of required academic qualification) in corporate communications, public relations community and public outreach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in crafting and delivering messages to diverse stakeholders;
- Experience in managing development of print, audio/visual, advertising and promotional communication products.
- Knowledge in the development of communications strategy, marketing and advertising plans will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Nepali.
- Good Information and Technology skills, e.g. word processing, power point and other communications and publishing applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people in multidisciplinary teams as well as work across departments, divisions and institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in group and public facilitation.
- Demonstrated high degree of courtesy, tact and discretion.
- Have high integrity and exercise good judgement.
- Have creativity and capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
Note: This Position Description is subject to revisions/updates as necessary to ensure alignment to the organization’s strategic direction and structure. Revisions to the description are subject to applicable Human Resources policies and procedures, and official versions of each Position Description are maintained by Human Resources.