ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) Is an international development organisation that aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading owards the fullnessof life. As we serve the peopleof Nepal, multicultural teams of NepaLi and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Project Manager - Disability Inclusion -1 (Nawalparasi West, Bardaghat)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure successful implementation of Disability Inclusive Development (DID) Project and contribute to the UMN's cluster strategy through effective capacity-building relationship-building, project management, and providing technical expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in Disability Inclusion or Social Science/Rural Development or equivalent with a minimum of three years' experience Or, a Bachelor's degree in Disability Inclusion or Social Science/Rural Development or equivalent with a minimum of five years' experience in integrated project management with particular focus on disability inclusion and rehabiltation system strengthening, publicadvocacy and community empowerment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current disability inclusion and rehabilitation issues, public advocacy, socio-economic development of Persons with Disabilitiesand their families, and protection issues in NepaL.
- Strong experience of project management including planning, budgeting monitoring reporting and developing proposals.
- Experience in participatory bottom-up project designing implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty reduction strategies, policies, and development practices in Nepal and outside. Experience in managing projects through local Implementing partner organisation/s.
- Skilled In coordination and networking with total and district stakeholders.
- Experience of working in cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Nepali. Both writing and speaking must be of an excellent standard.
Salaries and bentfits will boa according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Monday 11 July 2022. Short.listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage the applications from Persons with Disabilities and marginalised groups.