Full Time 2021-04-25 Gold List
Job Description Basic Information:
Position: Design Engineer
Experience: At least 10 years of experience in hydropower sector
Qualification: Post-Graduation in Civil Engineering
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
2. Ability to capture and specify the design requirements and the development and validation needed to deliver successful systems, products and components to meet/exceed the client’s specifications.
3. Lead the team for a number of proposal/production and development systems, products, and components using CAD.
4. Responsibility for the management of all Design activities including Request for Quotations (RFQs), Design freeze / release, Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Verification/Product Validation (DV & PV) testing and Computer-aided engineering (CAE).
5. Present design, costs, changes and budgetary information effectively to CEO and provide regular progress updates.
6. Create initial feasibility studies/detail design studies.
7. Conceptualize new designs and design revisions.
8. Analyze and resolve issues, for example stresses, using tools such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
9. Identify and implement design improvements (functionality, cost, design for manufacturer)
10. Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
11. Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors